You are viewing a page from the Somerset Career & Technical Center site that has been specially-formatted for printing and/or text-only browsing.
The location of this page is: http://skowhegan.mainecte.org/programs/category/19389
Health Care Careers is composed of two distinct one-year Curriculum Pathways. Students choose the path which meets his or her needs.
The Nursing Assistance Curriculum
• Approved by the Maine State Board of Nursing.
• Offers the States Nursing Assistant Curriculum, Competency Evaluation and Registry placement.
• Includes exploration of related careers.
Students in this program will:
• Learn basic and intermediate patient care skills while working at local health care facilities supervised by SCTC’s Health Care Career registered nurse Clinical Site Supervisors.
• CNA status demonstrates a student’s commitment to study and hard work, and affords students immediate job opportunities.
Job Shadows Facilities Clinical Experiences
• Close collaboration with Redington Fairview General Hospital’s Education Staff for the majority of Job Shadows and Facilitated
• Other Job Shadows are planned with various Physicians, Veterinarians, and Dental Offices.
• The Nursing Assistant’s clinical work experiences are conducted by SCTC’s Clinical Site Supervisors. Each supervisor is a R.N. with current work experience and updated R.N. competencies in a variety of fields.