The Culinary Arts Program prepares students for a future in the food service industry. Students begin by learning entry-level culinary skills and techniques for cooking and baking.
Students also develop a variety of skills that enable them to work in a real-world setting by managing the student-operated restaurant, “The Food Place”.
First year students focus on:
• Sanitation & Personal Hygiene
• Using Commercial Kitchen Tools & Equipment
• Kitchen Safety
• Standardizing & Converting Recipes
• Research Careers in the Food Industry
• Table Service
Second year students continue to master basic culinary skills along with:
• Menu Planning • Nutrition
• Cost & Portion Control
• Purchasing & Receiving Food Orders