Pre-Engineering students are challenged to think critically, problem solve, and create and apply concepts taught in class. This class exposes students to the engineering profession and various engineering disciplines. Math and science concepts are integrated through practical applications. With numerous projects, students learn teamwork and how to apply the Engineering Design Process. Major areas of study: Structures, Robotics, and Energy.
Activities include the design and build:
• Cardboard boats for either one or two people
• Trusses & balsa wood bridges
• A concrete canoe
• A simple hydraulic robot
• Vex robots to compete in challenges
• An underwater remote controlled vehicle
• Design and build scale model wind turbine blades for the University of Maine challenge.